Jo Anne Rizza
Owner/Broker In Charge
Original hometown Long Island, NY
Professional Designations Earned:
- Accredited Buyers Representative
- Accredited Sellers Representative
- Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager
- Certified Residential Specialist – Only 3% of REALTORS® in the country earned this degree
- Consumer-Certified Real Estate Consultant
- Graduate REALTOR® Institute
- National Association of Realtors
- South Carolina Association of Realtors
- Hilton Head Association of Realtors
- Multiple Listing Service of Hilton Head Island
- REALTOR® since 1987
- Board of Directors Hilton Head Association of Realtors 2000-2002
- Board of Trustees MLS of Hilton Head Island 2002-2003
- Grievance Committee Hilton Head Association of Realtors 1998,1999, 2008, 2009, 2014
- Professional Standards Committee 2015
- Hilton Head Realtor Service Award Recipient 2013, 2014, 2015
- Board of Directors American Red Cross, Palmetto Chapter 1997-2000
- President, Episcopal Church Women, All Saints Church Hilton Head 2010-2011
- Secretary, Episcopal Church Women, All Saints Church 2009
- Garden Tour Board Member, All Saints Church, 2009-2016
- Co-Chair, Episcopal Church Women Fashion Show 2009-2016
My Mission Statement
I make a personal commitment to all my clients and customers to have their absolute best interest in mind. My commitment to you is that I will remain involved throughout the entire buying process – from your initial contact with me, to move-in, and after. In the end I am committed to making your real estate experience on Hilton Head Island or Bluffton as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. Let’s face it, Hilton Head Island is a wonderful place to live and the real estate process should be one of your most memorable transactions. I believe that if you’re not left with an amazing experience, I haven’t done my job.
Real estate agents assist people through the process of buying, selling and renting land, homes and other properties. In addition to staying current with real estate laws and trends, real estate agents are tasked with a multitude of daily duties and responsibilities, from lead generation and marketing, to open houses and property closings. One of the appealing aspects of working as a real estate agent is that each day is different, and responding to the changing needs of buyers and sellers often means shifting gears at the last minute.
Originally licensed on Long Island in 1987 and became a Broker in 1990 with affiliations to Remax and Prudential.
1996-2002 – Prudential Hilton Head Properties -Broker in Charge/Owner. Managed, trained, and recruited sales agent to join our team. We grew to a total of 75 Sales Agents, 13 employees and 5 office locations on Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, and Okatie. Prudential Hilton Head Properties was the recipient of numerous awards and recognition for sales performance in the Franchise Network. (2001 converted the company to Coldwell Banker Hilton Head Properties)
2000-2002 Rental Homes and Villas Property Management. – Owner. Hired a property Manager to develop this branch of our General Brokerage, Prudential Hilton Head Properties. Within the first year we managed over 70 properties in Hilton Head/Bluffton/Okatie.
1997 – 1999 Prudential Model Homes Division, Hilton Head Island – Designed Business Plan/Models – Selected a Manager and supervised this division of the General Brokerage Prudential Hilton Head Properties.. We established 2 model home parks within Hilton Head Plantation with the goal of generating new home sales, land sales, as well as, resales. Division was “stand alone profitable as well as adding general brokerage revenue to our core company.
2003-2005 – Haig Point Real Estate Company – Broker In Charge/General Manager – I was hired by the Haig Point Community Members to operate a real estate division within Haig Point to handle the sales of homes, villas, and land. I developed a Sales Team and wrote the marketing business plan with Board Approval to achieve successful results:
- Increased market share from 60% to 87% in 16 months (2/24/04-7/10/05).
- Haig Point sales increased to 115 properties in 18 months (2/24/05-7/10/05) from 90 properties during the years 1997-2003. (According to MLS/Beaufort County)