Berkeley Hall is a private residential golf community edged on the banks of the pristine Okatie River in the heart of this coastal Lowcountry of South Carolina – a private world with a casual, inviting lifestyle that sets the standard for all private communities. Located just off of Hilton Head Island SC, Berkeley Hall was voted “One of America’s 100 Premier Properties” by both Links Magazine and Travel & Leisure Golf – offering amenities and activities like those of luxury resorts including:
- A stately 45,000 sq. ft. Jeffersonian-style Clubhouse featuring distinctive dining experiences – from fine dining to casual fare.
- Golf in its purest form – Two unique and unprecedented “Core Golf” Courses by Tom Fazio. A round of golf feels like a walk in the park rather than a ride through the subdivision.
- An award-winning Golf Learning Center & Practice Facility highly praised by PGA Tour Professionals along with a staff that includes Andrew Rice (PGA Tour Players Instructor) and Krista Dunton (LPGA National Teacher of the Year)
- A state-of-the-art and spacious Spa & Fitness Center with cutting-edge sports medicine and physical training programs, headed by Sports Physiologist Doug Weary – an exclusive trainer of many of the country’s top athletes and executives.
- The River Park – a wonderful gathering place for family, friends and guest. Take a sunset cruise along the scenic Okatie River, kayak the tides, fish & crab from the community dock.
- And even an on-site Concierge Service to provide one thing we all value most – more time.
Golf in its purest form awaits you at Berkeley Hall, the most distinguished private golf community in golf-rich Hilton Head area. Great golf is the very heart of Berkeley Hall. With no interior homes or roads, two Tom Fazio core golf courses meander through an open coastal landscape framed by seaside grasses. A round of golf feels like a walk in the park rather than a ride through the subdivision. Dramatic elevation changes, beautiful water features, and bold strategic bunkering showcase the designer’s artistry.
The beautifully designed Golf Learning Center is the crown jewel of the practice facility — a product of experience, extenstive research and brainstroming by a panel of golf experts. Housed in a 2,000 square ft. building, the facility includes:
- 4 Climate-controlled hitting bays
- A “Super Bay” with four video cameras and Flat Screen TV’s
- A Cover Shots mobile canopy structure allowing practice regardless of weather
- A short game comples with four large practice greens, “Tru-Putt” carpet indoor putting w/ mirrors and a laser system
The Fazio Room is for many avid golfers, the most comfortable and inviting space in the extended Club facilities. This casual yet plush space is named for the two “core course” designer, Tom Fazio. Fazio envisioned along with the state-of-the-art 30 acre practice facility and Learning Center, that there should be a warm lounging space for players to relax, socialize and refresh themselves between play. The Fazio Room is often the location for spontaneous card games, watching the big game with friends, or helping one’s self to the complimentary refreshments always available to Members and Guests. As the social hub of the Berkeley Hall Golf Learning Center, you never know who you will meet in the Fazio Room, but we assure you, you will always be in good company.
Overlooking the finishing holes of our North Course, our 35,000 sq. foot Clubhouse, complete with six distinctive dining experiences, represents the “next generation” of lifestyle amenities. The Berkeley Hall Clubhouse is ideal for relaxing, entertaining, meeting new people, or gathering with family and good friends.
THE RIVER PARK
Take an interpretive kayak tour or cruise the pristine Okatie River at sunset.
With more than one mile of frontage on the pristine Okatie River and 10-miles of nature trails throughtout the community, Berkeley Hall offers adventures on land and water.
At the Berkeley Hall River Park, Members and Guests can take an afternoon sunset cruise aboard Berkeley Hall’s 25-foot pontoon boat, experience the abundant wildlife on a nature kayaking tour, or go fishing and crabbing off the Community Dock.
The Berkeley Hall Greenway is a unique community open space connecting multi-use pathways, parks, and scenic areas, nature trails, and interpretive exhibits. Easily accessible loop and spur trails allow you to travel throughout Berkeley Hall without an automobile. Whether bird watching, walking, or bicycling, the Greenway is a perfect way to enjoy beautiful Berkeley Hall.