There is a new service organization in Sun City Hilton Head called “Staying Connected,” which is all about neighbors helping neighbors. We at Hilton Head Real Estate Partners think the not for profit organization is a fabulous idea as it aims to help the retirement community’s homebound residents by connecting them with their neighbors.
On Monday, Staying Connected opened its resource center in a ribbon-cutting ceremony at Pinckney Hall. And the organization already has two hundred volunteers!
Services offered (currently or in the near future) by Staying Connected include:
- The Resource Hub will assist residents to acquire a broad range of information on available resources;
- “A Friendly Face” – home visits for both companionship and respite care;
- “Helping Hands” – basic home maintenance services and home safety checks;
- “Just Checking In” – a daily telephone ‘reassuring calling’ program for homebound residents;
- “Going My Way” – transportation to medical appointments or grocery shopping for those without arrangements.
Are you a resident in Sun City? Yes! Well you’re eligible to use the services offered by the organization. Residents can register at the resource center or on Staying Connected’s website.
If you don’t live in Sun City Hilton Head, but are interested in making the move, we would love to show you around the community. Call 843-301-5825 or use this contact form to make an appointment.