There’s nothing like a few numbers thrown out there to help you to get to know an area better. The Town of Hilton Head Island has just released loads of fascinating statistics for us to read and divulge. Below are a few numbers that stand out to us, but you can read the entire document for yourself by clicking here.
1. $1,073,366 in grants awarded was collected in 2013/2014 for the engineering division, fire rescue, facilities management, code enforcement, and police services.
2. 144 parcels of land were purchased by the town.
3. 3,538 building permits were reviewed in 2013
4. 6,434 business license renewals were processed
5. 1,015 new business licenses were processed over the 2013/14 FY.
6. 13.5 miles of beach was patrolled to render assistance to beachgoers
7. 61 miles of public pathways were maintained
8. The powerline burial island-wide project is 68% complete
9. Communications (911 dispatch) fielded 59,438 total telephone calls
10. A $4.5 million 5 acre park is planned along the Broad River, behind Shelter Cove Towne Center.